Apply to Palumbo
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS
Go to the School District website at www.philasd.org, scroll down to School Selection and follow prompts. Please bring all required records to Academy at Palumbo.
Fill out the STUDENT DATA TRANSCRIPT FORM, print it out, and attach it to
the records being sent to us.
- Standardized Test Scores—Local Norms—88 percentile or higher.
- Grades: A’s and B’s with the possibility of one C in major subjects on most recent final report card.
- Attendance—Exemplary attendance and punctuality (no more than 5 absences; no more than 5 instances of lateness) on most recent final report card.
- Behavior—No negative disciplinary reports on most recent final report card.
- Writing Sample—One page typed answering the questions:
(1) What does it mean to be a part of a school community?
(2) What do I do when I experience conflict?
(3) Why do I want to be a part of the Academy at Palumbo’s school community?
Courses and Program Highlights Advanced Placement Courses: Biology, Calculus AB; Chemistry; Computer Science, English Language; English Literature and Composition; European History; Government and Politics; Physics; Psychology; Spanish; Statistics: Studio Art 2D US History.
Shadowing Students requesting a Shadow Day can call the office to schedule Shadowing once they have been accepted.
Sports Football, Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer, Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball, Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball, Badminton, Boys’ and Girls’ Track and Field, Baseball, Softball, Wrestling, Swimming, Golf, Cross-Country, Crew, Boys’ and Girls’ Lacrosse